Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 84: The Set

Day 84
This is it! I spent this afternoon painting some finishing touches on the set for the play. I could still do much more, but time is up-- this will have to do. I think this is my favorite set we've done. It's based on an original Tenniel illustration from Through the Looking Glass, and knowing that it goes along with the book makes me love it more. It's supposed to be Looking Glass Land, and the backdrop is a chess board that stretches across the field. The tiger lilies, daisies, and roses go along with the flower characters in one of the scenes, and the brick wall will be home to Humpty Dumpty before he falls. The door in the tree exists simply because of fire code-- it has to look like a door. Opening day is on Thursday. It's hard to believe that a week from now this will be all over!

No comments:

Post a Comment