Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Week's Worth of Naps

IMG_6659-2e 

Why is this post called "A Week's Worth of Naps"? Because any mother of babies and/or small children knows that nap time is prime time to get stuff done. And a week's worth of naps is what it took to get Owen's room transformed into "The Boys' Room." A paint job, some rearranging of furniture, and a good closet clean out-- that's what it has taken to get the job done. I wanted to get the boys sharing a room before school started, but painting wasn't something I had necessarily planned on doing; I kinda woke up last Tuesday and decided to do it. I'm really glad I did. I'm happy with the result- it's very bright and cheery, and now it feels like a boys' room. And it's the first big change since we bought the house a year ago.  Besides paint, I pretty much worked with what we already had and didn't really buy anything new.

IMG_1293  IMG_1372
And because I am a HUGE fan of Before & After home improvement pictures, here is the room before (so dark! so messy!).  And then there's Owen "helping" to paint the closet (I made him strip down and put on a diaper so I didn't have to worry about him getting paint all over his clothes.  Let's just say it's a good thing I did that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment