Saturday, January 4, 2014

Alcatraz

A lifetime of living in the Bay Area and I had never been to Alcatraz.  So when Robin and Matt were in town, we decided to make it a family trip.  I was a little worried about bringing the boys (mostly Owen) and had visions of temper tantrums and tears, and being stuck on an island with a 3-year-old Complainy McWhinerson.  As it turned out, it was a gorgeous, sunny day, and Owen loved his adventure at the "pretend jail."  Most of it was way over his head, but he liked pretending to be one of the bad guys who robbed a bank.  As for me, I was impressed with my ability to balance a baby on my left and a camera on my right, all while [kind of] listening to the audio tour and fending off the grabby baby hands that wanted my headphone wires and sunglasses.

I know I missed a lot.  I'll definitely be going back again someday without kids.

IMG_7864

IMG_7881

IMG_7872

IMG_7873

IMG_7882

IMG_7901

IMG_7917e

IMG_7914e

IMG_7861e

IMG_7857

IMG_7942e

No comments:

Post a Comment