Friday, December 19, 2014

First Haircut

My dad recently told us the story of his first haircut: He was at the beach when a woman came up to my grandpa and told him what a fine looking little girl he had.  My dad's longish curly hair and lack of boyish swimsuit (just a diaper I think?) led the woman to the wrong conclusion.  First thing my grandpa did when they got home was grab the scissors and cut my dad's hair.

Well I wasn't concerned about anyone mistaking Logan for a girl or anything, but it was obvious that Logan's hair was getting pretty long.  At 20 months old, he had never had a haircut.  His hair was such a part of HIM, however, and I couldn't bring myself to cut it.  He had the cutest little ringlets that would form, especially right after his bath, and people would always comment that he looked so blonde compared to Jeremy and me.  Logan's hair was just a little wild and crazy, kind of like Logan.  And most of all, I was afraid that it would transform him into looking like a little boy, and not like my baby anymore.

I knew it was time for his first haircut when his hair started getting in his eyes and he would awkwardly try to blink it away.  Or when he said, "Hair! Messy!" and tried to sweep it off his face.  Yes, it was time. *sigh*

I took Logan to a kids' hair salon because I was so nervous about how it would turn out.  He loved getting to sit in the special chair that looked like a bike, and he was the perfect client.  And while I do miss his long, curly hair, I am in love with his short hair.  Now I can see his bright, smiley face because it's not hidden behind a mop of hair.  I know I'm partial, but damn, what a cutie-patootie!

IMG_1195
BEFORE

IMG_1197
AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment