Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 138: Traffic

Day 138 
Not exactly how I thought I'd be spending Owen's second birthday...

I wanted us all to spend Owen's birthday together as a family, and since I had to be at my school's music performance, I dragged Jeremy and Owen along with me.  Unfortunately this had to be the night when the freeway (and the frontage road, which I wrongly decided would be quicker) were gridlocked due to a gravel spill.  A gravel spill?  WTF?  My short little 12 minute commute took an excruciating hour and a half.  Jeremy fed Owen his dinner in the car, and traffic was moving so slowly that I was able to make phone calls, text, take pictures, even eat soup.  We were late to the show, but once we got there, Owen had a blast!  He got to play on the big kids' playground, play with my handsoccer ball, and he also had his own little fan club of my students, past and present.  So at the end of the day, things may not have gone according to plan, but seeing Owen's humungous smile made it all feel like it turned out okay.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment