Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 147: It's My Birthday...

...and I'll post 5 pictures if I want to!

It was a pretty awesome day.  I got to sleep in until 8:15 (zzzzzzzzzzz). Then Jeremy, Owen, and I took the Oakland/Alameda ferry to San Francisco for a short trip to eat lunch, see the sea lions, and ride the merry-go-round at Pier 39.  Then we took the ferry back to Oakland in time for Owen's nap.  (Someday it will be nice to be able to do something for a whole day and not worry about naptime, but for now we're learning how to do things like this for half-days.)  Later, we had a yummy Casa Orozco dinner, margaritas, ice cream cake, and back to bed early for me.

Back in the day, 34 was my pager code (yes, I said pager code) and it's kind of my number, so 34 is destined to be a good year.

Update 6/8/12: Owen is still talking about this day!  We'll be driving along in the car and all of a sudden I'll hear from the backseat, "I went to San Francisco on a boat, and I saw the sea lions, and they went, 'awr, awr, awr!" and the black one jumped into the water..." 

Day 146a
San Francisco skyline

Day 146e
Clam chowder bread bowl...yum

Day 146b
Owen's first merry-go-round

Day 146c
Going 'round and 'round, up and down

Day 146d
Go under the Bay Bridge and see if you don't have the Red Hot Chili Peppers song in your head the rest of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment