Tuesday, May 21, 2013

10 Inches

April 1, 2013
IMG_2003
BEFORE

IMG_2020
AFTER

More than two years in progress, my plan to dramatically cut my hair and donate it to Locks of Love finally came to fruition today.  A few years ago, after having shoulder-length hair for awhile, I missed my long hair and I wanted to grow it out again, something I knew Jeremy would love, too.  I set a goal that I would grow it out until my next baby, and then cut off 10 inches to donate, which is the minimum required by Locks of Love.  I had some teary, anxious moments in the days leading up to my hair appointment; who knew I was so emotionally attached to my hair?  But instead of chickening out, I looked at the Locks of Love website and thought about kids who have lost their hair for whatever reason, and it put things back into perspective.  I almost cried at the salon, but once the first cut was made, I was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment