Monday, December 31, 2012

Day 366: The Last One

Day 366
December 31, 2012: I thought it would be fitting for the last picture to be a self portrait, and in the true spirit of my lack of effort this past 3 months, it's nothin' special.

But the important thing is that this the last one.  I'm a little surprised at the bubbling up of emotions as I finish this project- pride, nostalgia, relief...I can't believe I actually accomplished this.  When I started, I didn't even have any clear-cut goals, just an interest in photography and an idea that sounded like fun when other people did it.  I thought it would be a good way to get back into a hobby I had set aside.  I also thought it would help me document Owen's life and not let months go by without picking up the camera.  (Mission accomplished.)  I also got some unexpected bonuses along the way, like learning to shoot manual, and taking some really inspiring photography classes, something I've always wanted to do.  I'm nowhere close to where I wish I was with my skills, but I think the more you learn, the more you realize how much you don't know. 

I can't say that I've enjoyed all the aspects of this project.  Some days I simply hated it.  Some days I cheated.  I never imagined the challenges I would have trying to think of new ideas of what to shoot in my little humdrum life, or the time it would take to take photos, edit, and blog.  And I will probably never do this again.  But now that I don't have to do it every day, I hope I can find the fun in photography again.  2013 is going to be a life-changing year; I'm excited to use some of what I've learned when the new baby arrives.  And I hope to still post on the blog.  Just not every day. 

Happy new year, and thanks for sharing 2012 with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment