Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 169: Father's Day

Day 169
Jeremy is not that hard to please when it comes to Father's Day.  When I asked him if there was anything special he wanted to do, I didn't get much of a response, so I tried to just make sure he got some special time with Owen.  Here's how the day went down.

I took care of Owen in the morning and let Jeremy sleep in until 10:00.  He opened a present from Owen (picked out with Grammy's help) but Owen blew the surprise and made sure to tell him that it was "working tools" (actually barbeque tools) before the present was even unwrapped.  Jeremy also opened Owen's card, but again Owen had spilled the beans when he told Jeremy last week that he got him a card with a doggie on it.  Maybe we need to start teaching the kid about surprises.

Then we went out for breakfast (well, for Owen and me it was lunch by this time) at the Copper Skillet, a place that was very dad-like with their large portions of greasy/delicious traditional American breakfast fare.  After Owen's nap, he and Jeremy watched The Empire Strikes Back together, which I am declaring a Father's Day tradition.  (Last year on Father's Day it was Owen's first exposure to the movie and all the Star Wars characters onscreen; we got this on video-- priceless!)  Then Jeremy grilled chicken outside and I made the two of them do silly faces so I could get a photo of them for Father's Day.  Owen is lucky to have such a great dad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment