Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 168: Hot

Day 168
Today's high temperature: 106 degrees.  Where was I?  At a birthday party.  Outside.  Luckily it was shady, but holy crap, for a girl who doesn't do so well above 80 this was pretty excruciating.  I came home after the heat had worn me down and didn't have the energy to do anything, so I sat out on the patio while Owen played at his water table.  This was my view of the lovely, green, shady trees that encircle our patio.  The positive (and almost unbelievable) side to today's hot weather is that we didn't need A/C all day today, and it was actually pretty cool inside.  That's the upside to living on the first floor shaded by trees in the summer.  So for all the complaining I do about how there's no good light to photograph inside, at least the shade will pay off on hot summer days.

Okay, I lied.  I turned on the A/C for about 15 minutes at about 7:00 in the evening when I had been home for awhile and I just couldn't cool off.

No comments:

Post a Comment