Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 210: Megan's Wedding

IMG_2586 b
This weekend our family headed up to Plumas County for another Gallagher wedding, this time for Megan and Scott.  The wedding was at the Chalet View Lodge in Graeagle, and what a beautiful location it was.  We stayed at the lodge for the weekend, making it kind of a family mini-vacation, and the first time I've been away from home in almost a year.  I had so much fun photographing this weekend, that I couldn't help but post way more than just one photo for the day.

IMG_2572 2a
Chandeliers were one of the many personal touches I noticed throughout both the ceremony and reception, and it was a lovely way to dress up the rustic location.  I loved the vintage look of this one that hung from the wedding ceremony arbor.

IMG_2616b
Owen and Jakodi are so cute together.  I don't know if it's their FaceTime relationship or what, but they are fast friends every time they see each other.  Normally Owen needs some warm-up time with people he doesn't see often, but not with Jakodi.  He lets her hug him, and if she's not around he asks, "Where's Jakodi?"  We joke about their future betrothal.

IMG_2623 b
See?  It could happen!  Jeremy would be thrilled about it, because if Jakodi and Owen had kids, it would be the closest thing to Seamas and Jeremy having kids.  I am not making this up.

IMG_2612 b
Owen had his very own place card for dinner.  He ate off a real grown-up plate and sat on a grown-up chair with no booster seat.  He refused to eat his chicken and vegetables, and Jeremy and I spent most of our dinner chasing after him, but other than that, it was a very nice dinner.

IMG_2599 b
These initials hung at the entrance to the dance floor, and that doesn't surprise me at all.  :)

IMG_2648b
Jakodi, back in her flower girl dress, ready for dancing to begin

IMG_2645c
This was supposed to be the father-daughter dance, but they had a little visitor, making it the father-daughter-granddaughter/niece dance.

IMG_2667
The dancing started after dinner, with a great band that played a fun mix of music (Rolling Stones, Creedence Clearwater Revival, etc.)  Even I almost felt like dancing.  I got to sneak in a little dancing with Owen, who definitely does not take after me-- he's got mad skills on the dance floor.

IMG_2705b
The party went on long into the night, but Owen and I went back to our room early.  Before I turned in for the night, I had to go check out the glow of the paper lanterns at twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment